Aquatic Therapy in Green River
Aquatic Physical Therpay includes treatment, rehabilitation, prevention, health, wellness, and fitness of the patient/client population in an aquatic environment with or without the use of assistive, adaptive, orthotic, protective, or supportive devices and equipment. Aquatic PT is designed to maintain or improve function; balance, coordination, and agility; flexibility; aerobic capacity/endurance conditioning; gait; locomotion; and body mechanics and postural stabilization.
Benefits of Aquatic PT
- Improves muscle relaxation and increases peripheral circulation through the use of warm water.
- Water provides resistance for strength training.
- Body awareness, balance, and trunk stability are stimulated by warm water.
- Through the reduction of gravitational forces in the pool, the person is able to stand and begin gait training and strengthening exercises without causing further damage.
- Decreased pain sensitivity is a result of the warm water and buoyancy.
Contact us today to make an appointment for your Green River aquatic physical therapy session.