Bone Builders for Osteoporosis in Green River
Peak Performance Physical Therapy is now offering osteoporosis classes. These classes are designed for people as a method of prevention as well as for those who have been diagnosed with osteoporosis or osteopenia.
The osteoporosis classes target diet, exercises, and tips for activities of daily living. A physical therapist will lead the class through exercises with one on one assistance and provide education that can change your life!
Are you at risk for osteoporosis?
Risks you may have:
- Are you a woman? Past menopause?
- Family history of bone loss or fractures?
- Caucasian or Asian?
- Long-term use of certain medications including corticosteroids and anticonvulsants.
- Thin, small, or petite body type.
Risks you can affect:
- Are you a woman with estrogen deficiency?
- Diet low in calcium as an adult or a child?
- Smoker, past or present.
- Alcohol consumption, past or present.
- Do you drink a lot of coffee, soda, or other caffeinated beverages?
The more risk factors you have, the more you need to protect your bone health. Contact Peak Performance Physical Therapy today to help you get started and make an appointment!